Having an online presence is essential for small businesses. If you rely on local customers, then your local SEO ranking should be a priority in your marketing strategy.
During May, we are hosting a Local SEO challenge to help small business owners improve the local seo ranking. The following post is content from that challenge.
How to Improve Your Local SEO Ranking
These listings provide valuable information about your business, including your phone number, address, hours of operation, and reviews from customers.
But, having a business listing isn’t just about visibility, it’s also crucial for your search engine optimization (SEO) efforts. If you want your business to be easily found and improve your local SEO, keep reading for a few quick and easy tips to improve your business listings and increase your local SEO ranking.
Google Business Profile
1. Go to business.google.com
2. If you do not have a Google Business Profile, follow the prompts to get started. Need help? Follow the prompts here.
3. If you do have a Google Business Profile, you are going to login using the email address associated with your profile.
4. Follow along with the video to update your profile.
What to Look for?
- Correct contact information
- Business description is up-to-date and contains “keywords”
- Service Areas, Amenities, Accessibility are filled out
- Products and Services are complete
- Current Logo and photos
This video is from our May 2023 Local SEO Challenge.
Bing Places Listing
Once your Google Business Listing is updated, we’re going to head over to Bing (aka Microsoft’s search engine – yep it’s a real thing still). This process is SUPER easy if your Google Business Profile is set up!
2. If you have a Bing Places listing already, click on Existing User. If you do not, click on New User.
3. For NEW USERS, you are going to click the Import from “Google My Business.”
4. Follow the video for a tutorial!
Go through all the other places you have online listings – Yelp, TripAdvisor, networking groups, etc, and make sure your information is correct.
If it’s with networking groups or associations, send that email to have them update it for you.
It’s VERY important to Google that your information is correct and CONSISTENT across all the “places” online. These quick edits will make a huge difference for your business’s local SEO ranking.
SEO Audit and Marketing Services
Need additional help optimizing your business listings and website for search? Not sure where to start with the more technical aspects of SEO? We’d love to help you.
Toucan TalksEpisode 20: Steering your Business to Success with Q4 Marketing StrategiesIn Episode 20, we discuss an essential aspect of marketing: mastering quarterly marketing strategies. Our discussion centers on understanding the significance of defining your...
Toucan Talks | Episode 19: Laurel Senick Author of Foam: Navigating the World of Self Publishing and the Business of Writing
Toucan TalksEpisode 19: Laurel Senick, Author of Foam: Self-Publishing and the Business of Writing a BookIt's not every day we get to talk about writing, surfing, and the journey of self publishing a book. But today, we're doing just that with the multi-talented...
Toucan Talks | Episode 18: Brittany Fountain: Scaling Businesses, Communication Strategies, and Balancing Work-Life
Toucan TalksEpisode 18: Brittany Fountain from Britt Joy & CoWho wouldn't want to illuminate the blind spots in their business? Brittany Fountain from Britt Joy & Co joins us to share her unique approach to growth and culture strategy. She has applied her...